Thursday, November 26, 2015

System Map


When I began to develop the idea of modeling in southern to central Ontario, one of the key questions was what would a system map look like and how much area would I be able to realistically be able to cover in the space allotted me and keeping within my modular system.  My largest worry was that I would have no problems filling the layout with too many industries and not enough scenery, and that the layout would appear to have a very cramped feeling.

While my first ideas for a system map were actually drawn out on a Ontario Provincial road map, as Google has offered more services, I opted to convert my system map to an electronic version.  The system map has information embedded into each location, which supplements my KLR history, and allows a quick glance at prominent industries along the line.  I have also added the general ONR, CN and CP tracks as reference, and ultimately, more information about these lines will also be added.

Kawartha Lakes Railway System Map

No comments:

Post a Comment